Keeping a well-stocked emergency supply kit in your car this summer will help ensure that your travels are as safe as they are fun. Here are some essential items that the National Safety Council recommends including in your kit.
- Spare tire, wheel jack, and wheel wrench. These items will ensure that you’re prepared to handle potential flat tires.
- Jumper cables.
- A toolbox, which should include a multi-purpose tool, flashlight, batteries, and duct tape.
- Fresh drinking water and non-perishable snacks, in case you get stranded in the event that your car breaks down.
- A fire extinguisher.
- Extra blankets and towels.
- Reflective triangles or road flares.
- A first aid kit, which should include bandages, gauze, pain relievers, gloves, tweezers, antiseptic, scissors, and tape.
- Independent charging systems for any necessary electronic devices, such cell phones or tablets. This will ensure that your gadgets stay powered even if your vehicle’s battery dies.
Besides gathering an emergency supply kit, there’s one more way to stay safer when driving this summer. Schedule a maintenance appointment at Greenwood Chevrolet! We’ll help ensure that your vehicle is functioning safely and smoothly before your next road trip.